Since compiling this data, Many of the videos used to support this report have been either deleted or made private by Brian Smith
The evidence gathered and listed below is all from videos made by Brian Smith himself and published on his YouTube channel (A Foreigner Farming in the Philippines).
These all have and a time stamp of the videos in question are in date order below
All the information below is ordered by,
– Date Video Published
– Video Title
– Video Link To Watch (Video Link)
– Summary Of Video Content
This information is the property of the writer who complied it, and is hosted here by expatsforums.com as a community service.
01. 30th March 2020
In this video they are inquiring about getting a quarantine pass and how to get the food relief, the barangay official tells them the passes and food are issued by a Barangay official and will be delivered door to door along with food relief of rice and vegetables
02. 13th April 2020
A subscriber buys a pig From MB PIGGERY (A Registered Sole Trader Company That is trading for PROFIT, Registered Owner is his wife) to do whatever they wish, as previous videos have been complaining about the cost of feeding the pigs and he can’t sell them during this corona
03. 15th April 2020
Here is this video we see the discussion on buying a new aircon and not having the 11k to purchase, asking the store for a credit facility
04. 16th April 2020
A discussion about distributing the pig that was purchased by a subscriber
Many comments asking how can they buy a pig, Boss Hogg replied with his private email address to guide them on how to send the money
05. 16th April 2020
The conversation about their plans to distribute pigs purchased by subscribers to 210 families in the barangay. No indication of how much the subscribers paid MB Piggery for the pigs.
06. 17th April 2020
Another video discussion about distributing the pigs, a total of 6 pigs processed today.
1 from Billy, 1 from Brian, 1 from Dennis and 2 from “Others”. 5 are for the Charity and 1 for Maricols family. (MB Piggery Income of about 60,000 pesos) Number of families to be helped is now 600.
Brian is also asking for funds to buy rice to go with the pork
07. 17th April 2020
A video showing the distribution of Pork to beneficiaries. The number has now changed from 600 to 500 beneficiaries. 500 kilos of pork packed but only 250 kilos arrived at to the Barangay Hall. So 500 families will only get 500g instead of 1kg each
08. 19th April 2020
Showing a line of poor and disadvantaged families in a line waiting for the government assistance cash ( Is this not Illegal ?)
09. 20th April 2020
Here we see them buying a brand new aircon and thanking a subscriber for sending them the money to buy. Comments on the video confirm this with many comments commending how generous their subscribers are, Strange they had no budget prior to the Pork Charity.
10. 22nd April 2020
Again asking subscribers to buy a pig from MB Piggery (MB Piggery is a REGISTERED COMPANY TRADING FOR PROFIT) so it can be donated to the poor and needy. Another sales pitch to sell 11 more pigs. (137,5000 peso windfall for MB Piggery)
Also suggesting the need for donations to buy rice to go with the pork.
11. 22nd April 2020
Showing one of their workers receiving government aid relief package
12. 25th April 2020
Showing money (6500 pesos) donated by subscribers to a worker of the farm, looking very nervous and uncomfortable in appearance
13. 30th April 2020
A video showing the purchase of rice with the intention of distributing it to the local community, 10 sacks costing 21,200 pesos, maybe 10 more tomorrow. Planning on 3 kg per family (x 550 families) Hinting that they may get sardines as well to go in the charity packs..
14. 1st May 2020
A video showing the purchase of 10 more sacks of rice with the intention of distributing it to the local community.
But also saying No Budget for Sardines.(15p x 2 x 550 = 16500p needed)
15. 2nd May 2020
A video showing 5 cases of sardines with the intention of distributing it to the local community, 5 cases of Sardines (15p X 100cans case X 5 cases) 7500p
Announcing that the number of household this time will be Only 200
16. 3rd May 2020
Another 10 cases of sardines have been donated, (Now 15 cases) Now making 350 packages? (up 150 from yesterday) 1kg Pork, 4kg Rice 4 Cans Sardines per pack. 250 for the local Barangay and 100 to go elsewhere! 10 more sacks of Rice purchased (30 total) 8 for the charity and 2 to go elsewhere. Announcement was made that all this was from donations.
17. 3rd May 2020
A short video explaining how busy everyone has been and that there was a shortage in the weight of the rice purchased (Need more money)
18. 3rd May 2020
Coordinating Our Next Distribution With The Mayor although this video does not show any meeting with the Mayor as he would have you believe.
19. 10th May 2020
After slaughtering 9 pigs (was to be 11) the crew take a break before continuing to cut the carcases into portions for distribution.
20. 10th May 2020
Buying Some Candy To Add In The Packs
21. 10th May 2020
Distributing 250 food Packs To The Most Needy Families In Our Barangay
22. 10th May 2020
Delivering Our Food Packs To The Puro
23. 10th May 2020
All crew are receiving 1kg pork, 500g liver, a Head and 4 legs each plus 4kg Rice.
A total of 125 packs were made (Why does this keep changing?)
24. 11th May 2020
Delivering A Sack Of Rice To Maricol’s Family
25. 11th May 2020
Delivering 21 Food Packs To Our Municipal Healthcare Workers
26. 11th May 2020
Delivering 9 Food Packs To The Coast Guard
27. 11th May 2020
Delivering Food Packs To Our Local PNP
48 Packs delivered to the PNP
28. 11th May 2020
Delivering Food Packs To Our Fire Department
15 packs delivered to the fire station
29. 14th May 2020
A Big Thanks To All That Helped Us
28 Published Videos Related To Charity Work
87,900 Total Views On 28 Videos
Average cost per click for YouTube adverts 0.25 peso
21,975 peso Estimated YouTube Earnings From Ads
In The comments he states that he is offering these pigs for 12,500 php each
During the “buy a pig” solicitation Livestream are DSWD conditions followed:
1. The purpose of the activity indicated
2. The name of the beneficiary
3. The corresponding permit number
4. The period of the solicitation covered
5. The name of the individual or organisation
6. The list of certified agents who will conduct the solicitation
7. Does the solicitation permit cover local, national or international jurisdictions
Questions And Freedom Of Information Request
01. Are Funds collected during the activity period of 10th April 2020 to 22nd April 2020 deposited into an account under the name of the individual or organisation to whom the permit was issued?
02. Is there a summary report of the collection from the period between 10th April 2020 to 22nd April 2020?
03. Are the administration expenses totalling no more than 30% of the total amount collected?
04. Is there a summary report of the activity expenses from the period between 10th April 2020 and 22nd April 2020?
05. Are there records of receipts of purchases during the period 10th April 2020 and 22nd April 2020?
06. Is there a list of charity activity beneficiaries including individuals and organisations during the period of 10th April 2020 and 22nd April 2020 ?
07. Is there a list of donors name, address,contact number and amount of donations?
08. Is there a list of beneficiaries including name, address, contact number and amount or type of assistance?
09. Was the barangay Captan fully aware and compliant that funds was being solicited on Public media?
10.Was the Mayor fully aware and compliant that money was being solicited on public media?
11. Did any channel owner opt to display ads on the videos associated with the charity activities?
12. Did any channel receive any funds from ads displayed on the videos associated with the charity activities?
13. Is there a summary report of any funds or income from adverts being displayed on videos associated with the charity activities?
14. Did any YouTube channel owner receive personal donations during the period between 10th April 2020 and 22nd April 2020 as a result of their charity activities?
15. Did any YouTube channel owner receive personal gifts during the period between 10th April 2020 and 22nd April 2020 as a result of their charity activities?