193 total views
ACR I-Card Information
Information about the ACR I-Card, where to apply and the documents required…
All foreigners with an immigrant or non-immigrant visa, who are residing in the Philippines for more than 59 days must apply for an Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card). This includes holders of a temporary resident visa. The card is a credit card sized identity card with a microchip which includes biometric security features.
There are different categories of ACR I-card and each category corresponds to a different colored card.
Foreign nationals should carry this card with them at all times, as it proves their legal status and right to residence in the Philippines.
How to apply for an ACR I-Card
Applications for the card are made at the Bureau of Immigration. The card should be applied for at the same time as a visa or extension of visa.
- Bureau of Immigration Head Office
At: Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila, Metro Manila
Tel: 02 527 3260 / 02 527 3248
Applicants should provide the following:
- A completed application form (the application form is in English)
- Photocopy of the passport bio data pages and visa page
- Certified copy of the Records Section of the Commissioner’s Order of Approval granting the visa
- Photocopy of proof of payment of fees (official receipts)
- Two recent passport photos on a white background
The card is valid for one year.
All foreign nationals residing in the Philippines must report in person to the Bureau of Immigration in the first two months of each calendar year. There is a fee for this procedure.
- Find further information about the annual report with details of where to report
Renewing an ACR I-Card
The card must be renewed each year or in the event of a change in visa status. There is a fee for the renewal.
- Find out more about renewal of the ACR I-Card
If the card is lost or damaged, or in the event of a change of name, address or civil status, an application form must be submitted for re-issuance of the card.
- Find further details about re-issuance of the ACR I-Card